At Wellers Hill State School we believe close links between the classroom and the home are vital in ensuring all students achieve to their maximum potential. The school motto, “Strive to Succeed” underpins the way in which the school develops and implements strategies to ensure it is working towards Every Student Succeeding State Schools Strategy 2019-2023.
Wellers Hill State School believes that effective parent engagement is beneficial to successful student learning and wellbeing outcomes. The school is focussed on ensuring a meaningful partnership between parents, teachers and school leaders with shared goals regarding maximising outcomes for students.
A significant contributor to a high level of parent engagement and resulting satisfaction with the outcomes for students lies in the way in which the school communicates with parents, staff and the broader community.
This communications plan shows how effective communications can:
- create effective engagement with parents and the broader community
- contribute to strong relationships between staff, students and parents
- demonstrate the success of our work and that of our students
- ensure that the school is open and transparent in its communication
- build trust and confidence and improve perceptions.